Associate Graphic Designer (junior level) position responsible for the design and execution of graphic design projects; responsible for the entire assigned design project including project planning (i.e. creative concepts, understanding internal customer needs, etc.), project timelines/milestones, coordination of resources, communication to project stakeholders and delivering high quality creative work within budget scope.
Works closely with various internal departments such as (but not limited to) Marketing, Management, Operations and Sales to execute artwork layout and individual design elements for promotion, tradeshows, product support, displays, social media, videos and other materials as needed. Must have the ability to take in to account the intended end user’s needs to ensure designs accomplish specific objectives in promoting two flagship product lines of Beneficial Intl. These flagship product lines target separate and unique buyers. This position will also work with established outsourced design production house on an as needed basis.
Please note candidates must be able to provide access to an electronic design portfolio as part of the interview process.
*job title will be based on candidate qualifications and experience
- Develops and designs the aesthetics and layout of marketing materials including point-of-purchase displays, posters, postcards, product displays and product information handouts
- Performs basic Web design (online banner advertising, social media posts and paid advertising, and mobile platforms)
- Interprets the varying needs of projects designed for in-house use, brand promotion, wholesale account use and end consumer use. Assesses requirements and identifies practical and innovative solutions
- Performs basic photo retouching and enhancement
- Collaborates with marketing team members to plan, analyze, organize, and execute assigned projects.
Desired Skills & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Demonstrate proficiency with multimedia software platforms such as (but not limited to) Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop primarily)
- Organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Demonstrate high personal integrity
- Clearly articulate goals and objectives and meet them
- Work cooperatively with staff, share ideas and develop effective responses
- Manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes
- Clearly convey the objective and scope of a project to out sourced creative firm as needed
- Minimum 2 years of related graphic design experience is required
- Promotional, packaging and labeling graphic design experience
- Related experience in consumer goods through wholesale distribution is a huge plus
- Must have Print and basic Web (i.e. online banner advertising) graphic design experience
- Some experience in photography is preferred
- Must have experience working in a cross-functional team environment
- Requires in depth knowledge and understanding of product positioning, consumer buying habits and account lead nurturing processes. Knowledge in the health and wellness industry is a huge plus.
- Skilled at interpreting abstract or technical concepts with an ability to convey essential messages in easy to understand and interesting ways. Takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently and requires minimal guidance beyond understanding the inherent needs of the project and its intended placement in addition to the needs and wants of the marketing team
- Performs work in support of brand plans; demonstrates link between daily work and company mission; participates in initiatives, programs or products with moderate visibility
- Ensures actions protect company image and limits risks
- Decisions and actions impacting company image require management oversight and are constrained by policies
Open Date: 8/22/2013
Standard Hours per week: 40
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm
Pay Rate: $14 and up (DOE)
Manages Others: No
No phone calls please. To be considered please send resume with portfolio, or link to recent portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails not referencing “GRAPHIC DESIGNER RESUME” in the subject will not be considered.