The ideal candidate is more than a mere “writer.” You’re a wordsmith. You have a strong grasp of customer-centric direct-response, email and merchandising best practices. You can take a scattershot collection of words and transform them into clean, elegant messages. You have the ability to interpret abstract or technical concepts and convey the essential points in easy to understand and interesting ways that make people care and drive them to action.
Works closely with various internal departments such as (but not limited to) Marketing, Management, Operations and Sales to execute message development for promotion, tradeshows, product support, displays, social media, videos and other materials as needed. Must have the ability to take in to account the intended end user’s needs to ensure messages accomplish specific objectives in promoting two flagship product lines of Beneficial Intl. These flagship product lines target separate and unique buyers. This position will also work with established outsourced design production house on an as needed basis.
Please note candidates must be able to provide access to an electronic design portfolio as part of the interview process.
*job title will be based on candidate qualifications and experience
- Write winning direct-response copy, exceptional merchandising copy, and effective customer-support communications in a variety of formats, including email, letters, announcements, merchandising ads, videos, and Web pages
- Help develop and implement messaging strategies to meet customer needs and business objectives
- Help define appropriate formats, offers, and tests based on business objectives
- Help define, understand, and enforce the right tone and voice for specific communications, channels, and customer groups
- Use qualitative and quantitative data and consumer trends to refine and improve marketing strategy
- Champion best practices for direct marketing messaging and copywriting company-wide
- Develops messaging for graphic designers to use in marketing materials including point-of-purchase displays, posters, postcards, product displays and product information handouts
- Create compelling web content (online banner advertising, social media posts and paid advertising, and mobile platforms)
Desired Skills & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop concise, compelling written communications
- Strong grasp of time-proven direct response and customer-focused copy principles
- Superior interpersonal skills, energetic, cooperative, and positive attitude
- Must be highly organized and effective working in an environment that requires independent judgment, problem solving, and project management skills
- Proven ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as we as Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- At least one year of related professional experience as a direct response, consumer, retail, or Internet marketing copywriter
- Undergraduate degree in writing, communications, marketing, or related field
- Experience writing for promotional, packaging and labeling a plus
- Requires in depth knowledge and understanding of product positioning, consumer buying habits and account lead nurturing processes. Knowledge in the health and wellness industry is a huge plus.
- Skilled at interpreting abstract or technical concepts with an ability to convey essential messages in easy to understand and interesting ways. Takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently and requires minimal guidance beyond understanding the inherent needs of the project and its intended placement in addition to the needs and wants of the marketing team
- Performs work in support of brand plans; demonstrates link between daily work and company mission; participates in initiatives, programs or products with moderate visibility
- Ensures actions protect company image and limits risks
- Decisions and actions impacting company image require management oversight and are constrained by policies
Open Date: 8/22/2013
Standard Hours per week: 40
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 8 am to 5 pm
Pay Rate: $14 and up (DOE)
Manages Others: No
No phone calls please. To be considered please send resume with portfolio, or link to recent portfolio to email@example.com.
**Emails not referencing “COPYWRITER RESUME” in the subject will not be considered.